Best Baits for Rainbow Trout in Stocked Lakes (1)





Do you like rainbow trout? or just like the feel of catching them? Generally, rainbow trouts are not like other fishes, such as pike, they sometimes can be very picky. Well, it is also reported that they eat shrews. What???



Rainbow ate shrews 



So you will have a better chance if you to pay attention to some details, such as the line thickness, the bait you use, the weather and light. The advantage I have is it is only 5 minutes for me to drive from the place I live to the lake stocked with a lot of rainbow trout. If I can't go fishing everyday (or twice a day), I go there once a week at a minimum, summer and winter.

I tried uncountable of things in order to get to them, and read a lot of papers and posts of other anglers. I will share with you some of the best and easy to get bait used to get to rainbow trout. More baits are covered in the next post.

Marshmallow
I tried the candy marshmallow before, the outcome was not great, maybe due to the lack of scent? Anyway, pink marshmallow for fishing is my favorite type of bait. You can hook two or more of it depending on how you want to use it and how big the hook is. However, the little issue with marshmallow is, when it is wet and soaked in water long enough, it is very easy to get off the hook and floating away. So, you may want to change to a fresh one when you take the hook off the water and recast.

How easy to get them: easy, go to a outdoor store

marshmallow as trout bait
Marshmallow as trout bait

Corn
Many people use corn as bait for the trout, and I tried it as well. It worked well. However, I heard in many outdoor forum that corn is not good for trout, since it is very hard to be digested. The choice is yours. When you use corn, buy canned or you can cook by yourself. Depending on how big your hooks are, you can put 2+ round corns on it.

How easy to get them: very easy, go to a super store or just cook by yourself

Corn for trout?
Corn as trout bait


Powerbait
Quite some people are married to powerbait. Of course, powerbait is proven to be working by many anglers. However, I am not a big fan of it, due to the scent, which makes me sick, and the shinning glitter is very hard to get rid of... Nevertheless, if you go out fishing with Powerbait, I recommend the pink rainbow colored powerbait, which was one of my favorite.

Use you hand to roll the powerbait big enough to float as it is has better chance to float, or you can use with marshmallow, put a marshmallow on the hook and then put the marshmallow ball at the end of it. This method is proven to work, very well!!!

How easy to get them: easy, go to a outdoor store

Powerbait
Power Bait


No comments:

Post a Comment